Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thank you for not smoking.

Today makes 55 days since I quit smoking.  And I must say that this time has been the easiest.  Aside from the heinous sinus infection I got that turned into a month and a half of bronchitis... A Z-pack (Azythromycin= antibiotic) fixed that right up though.  As I said, this time has been, by far, the easiest.  I rarely get cravings and just as soon as I get them, they're gone.  I think about how awful I felt when I was smoking and how my lungs always felt tight and constricted, and how the taste of it was so gross and lingering...ew.  As a smoker, I was kind of...I don't even know how to put it or what to call myself.  I hated the smell, and the fact that it made my hair, clothes and skin smell awful.  I hated the way it made my mouth taste and how it would draw me out into freezing cold or scorching hot weather just to contribute to my own death.  Blech.  But I am an addict.  I am addicted to nicotine.  I'm a "recovering" addict as I no longer consider myself a smoker, but nevertheless, I am an addict.  I cannot say that I will NEVER smoke again.  That's just tempting fate.  And that is stupid.  lol

Last night Monkey woke up with a 103.1 degree fever.  Fucking frustrating.  He's on this antibiotic three times a day and he's running a fever?!  WTF?!  That poor baby.  I'm frustrated because he's already fighting staph, he seems to be doing pretty good and the infection sites are looking MUCH better, and now this stupid fever is playing peek-a-boo.  My mom is at home with him right now (I'm working a half a day and she'll work this afternoon...) and she called me earlier to tell me that he woke up and has about a 101 degree fever right now.  It's not as high as it was earlier but I think I am still going to take him in today.  This staph crap scares me and I'd much rather err on the side of caution than be sorry later.  In my previous post, I said that I burned through all my sick time and am into my annual leave.  That was kind of bothering me at one point but as of this morning, I don't give a rat's ass how much time I burn...I've got to get my son healthy.  This is ridiculous.  And nerve wracking.  And scary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think that Mr. Italian is trying to test my nerves.  (Not really. lol)  He is in an area for the week, on work business, that has little to no cell reception.  *sigh*  This bothers me.  I cannot reach him.  He cannot reach me.  It's just annoying.  I have become accustomed to texting or calling him whenever the hell I want to and receiving a reply in either case...that same day.  He works A LOT so sometimes the reply is not instantaneous (which bugs the crap out of me...lol) but it's almost always the same day.  Grr.


(Well, since my cursor is stuck on the middle alignment and refusing to change back to left alignment...)

The picture above depicts two of my most favorite products.  The left is a day face lotion called Radiance.  It has an SPF 15 sunscreen in it, smells good, and lasts for a while. You can see that I have only used down to the top of "Bee's" and I've had it since January I believe.  Great to put on underneath makeup.  And to the right is Rosewater & Glycerin Toner (for sensitive and mature skin).  I have rosacea and that qualifies my skin as sensitive.  After washing my face and before using Radiance, I use this toner.  Another smell good product, I like how fresh my face feels after swabbing a cotton round with this stuff on it over my face and neck.  Love them.  When I first purchased them, I thought they were a little on the pricey side (Radiance was like $17 or so, the toner was up there too) but after using them and really liking them, I have decided that they are the next staples in my beauty regime.  They lasted a heck of a lot longer than I expected too so that was a plus!

Updates on Monkey as I get them...

Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Monkey... I am keeping him in my prayers. Congrats on day 55, just a lifetime more to go... lol.

    ReplyDelete