Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

And then he said...!!!

Alright, here we go...

I have tons of stuff to type up here at work but I'm taking an intermission in order to get some word out and get some thoughts out of my head. 

The first of such things is a new member to the blogosphere.  Tiny is one of my favorite peeps as she is a real kick in the ass once she gets over her shyness.  She was one of my Marines while we were in and also a former roomy.  I love her little self to pieces and though she's just starting out, show her some blog love and tell her I sent you!! :) 

Next on the agenda is the fact that I have completely given in and am now a twitter-er.  (*hanging head and shaking it*)  I know.   It's ridiculous but I can't help it.  I forget about it mostly and when I remember it it's when I'm sitting there and doing nothing exciting, but still.  I tweet.  @KFGracie for those of you who shamelessly love to be all up in other people's business like I do!!  LMAO

Ok,...Mrs. Adventure and Anastasia have been on this health kick (not to say "kick" as in it won't be a forever thing...I believe it will be.) and it's kind of starting to rub off on my somewhat.  There are things that I just absolutely REFUSE to give up. Things like a nice juicy steak, or BBQ chicken (without the skin *gag* of course), and various other things too.  But I am NOT opposed to eating less of these and more of fresh produce and things that are better for me that what I currently eat.  The ONLY downfall to eating healthier is the cost.  As a single mother with limited income, that can be more of a burden than a necessity.  However, in my baby-steps of healthier-eating education I have purchased 3 new cookbooks (to be added to, I'm sure) such as these...



We all know and love Jillian but the second book belongs to Bethenny Frankel (of Real Housewives of New York) and the second one belongs to Teresa Guidice (of Real Housewives of New Jersey).
Bethenny Frankel is a natural foods Chef/business woman.  Teresa Guidice is a mother of four daughters...and has said that she cooks, cleans, and takes care of the babies in her house.  I can appreciate that.    My guilty pleasure while folding laundry or taking a break is watching Real Housewives (enter city here) because they have all kinds of drama in their world and I'm not the one who has to deal with it.  lol

So far, the Jillian cook book is FULL of stuff I want to try and educating as well.  The other two are on order through Borders and will be shipping to me shortly.  FYI, Borders has something called Borders Marketplace.  It's a used bookstore online and is fabulous for getting good quality used books for half to three-quarters off the original price.  Just for getting used!!!!  LOL  Check it out.  It's not just books either.

My weekend was eventful, exhausting, and great.  Saturday and some of Sunday were spent at Lake Buchanan with my parents, some family friends that I hadn't seen in a while and Monkey, of course.  Monkey was overwhelmed, overtired and come to find out, coming down with a fever from YET ANOTHER cold.  We were about 10 minutes from home when he started puking in the car.  Poor thing.  Tylenol and Motrin are being used to combat the fever but there is NOTHING that clears up his nose and sinus'.  GRRR.

As far as the men go, Mr. G and I continue to stay in touch.  He and I still have not bumped it up a level to actually speaking but I'm ok with that for now.  It's nice to know that there is a male on the other end of a text message right now that will reply and there's no pressure.  I have a ton of other stuff I am trying to focus on right now and a boyfriend or some other same type distraction would really tangle me up right now. 

Mr. NRN comes back to Texas in less than 14 days.  Be still my heart. I don't think I am ready to be in the same state as him just yet.  That man SERIOUSLY...there is STILL something about him that just drives me nuts.  So hard to explain and I know that if I lay eyes on him this soon that I will get stupid in the head again.  I've done a lot of thinking since he's been gone and I think that unless he wanted a SERIOUS go at being SERIOUS, he is just entirely WAY too dangerous for my mind, AND my libido.  Whatever. I prolly have nothing to worry about.  I'm probably the FURTHEST thing from his mind.  *sigh* And that's ok, I suppose.

Pssh!  As for Mr. Italian. I'm done. I'm done even entertaining the thought of that.  First of all, apparently he was promoted to site foreman for the construction company that he works for.  That's all good and fine, but this idiot calls me one day last week or so and proceeds to tell me that on that particular day, he sent his guys home at regular quitting time, and stayed at the site BY HIMSELF, operating heavy machinery BY HIMSELF, for 3 hours, OFF THE CLOCK, so that he could make his first job look good for his boss's.  At the time, I was seriously pissed that he was even stupid enough to do such a thing so I let him have it.  He's always saying how he wants a wife and kids so I made sure I brought that up.  He can't make decisions like that if he has a wife and kids to go home to that depend on him to come home.  And before he was able to say that he doesn't have that at home and use it as an excuse, I told him that making decisions like that make me and every other woman think that he makes dumb decisions like that and cares not as to what the consequences are.  Me, as a mother? Yeah, no thanks, to a man like that.  He argued with me.  He said, "but you have to see where I'm coming from." in reference to why he did it.  So I told him that no, I didn't see where he was coming from and that I wouldn't see it.   If he had gotten hurt, injured in any way, there was no one there to call for help for him in that event.  Operating heavy machinery by yourself is never a good idea and for him to not see that and argue with me...it allowed me to take a step back and reevaluate what I was doing.  There's more to it but I need to press on...

Not only that, this man has also told me that he doesn't believe in God due to a serious of unfortunate events in his life.  WHOOOAAAAA! Hold the damn phone.  He told me this a little over a month ago I think and I told him that I WILL NOT (and refuse to go back on this) marry a man that 1-does not believe in God, 2-refuses to attend church with me and my son, 3-won't help me to instill the morals and values that the Bible teaches and infuse them into Monkey's moral fiber.  This is without a doubt a show stopper for me.  (I know there are a few of you out there who may feel differently and to that I say this is MY blog, and that you are entitled to your own opinions but within the lines of this blog, we believe in God.)  So anyway, he is always asking me why something happened "if there is a God".  He was in a pretty serious auto accident a few years ago that left him paralyzed from the waist down.  They told him that he would never walk again.  He is upright and walking today.  But he asked me why God would do that to him and his family and why his mom and brother had to go through that.  My answer was simple.  He could be dead right now.  More so, he could still be paralyzed from the waist down.  Instead, he is making gobs of money and living well.  How can you not see the miracles in that?!

So anywho...I was on the phone with him on Friday I think it was, and I was already irritated with him for the whole construction crap and him sending me a text message asking if I hated him now or what because he hadn't heard from me and it used to be an everyday thing.  I told him that no, I didn't hate him and to quite being a drama queen.  In his defense, he was trying to say he was sorry because I was right and he wasn't thinking clearly.  Yeah, yeah. So he asks what I'm doing for the weekend.  I told him of the Lake plans and that I wasn't sure if I was going to stay Saturday night or not due to me missing church for about the last month and a half due to Monkey being sick and not healthy enough to be around other children/people. he said, "Bad Biblethumper."  (My blood pressure INSTANTLY spiked and I was INSTANTLY no longer interested in speaking to him.)  How DARE you mock me about something like that , call me that, when you can't even say you believe in HIM.  Uh, uh.  Not the right one. NOT, the right one.  I know better than this.  Part of my journey is figuring out where the mistakes are before I make them and I think that even entertaining the thought of getting back together with him is a waste of time.  I won't do it.  Knowing that he is not a believer would not allow me to be completely happy with him.  And I'm not saying that I am an angel and that I am without my faults.  On the contrary!  I am a sinner. I have a mouth like a sailor and trucker's lovechild!  I miss church sometimes.  I am quick-tempered, and there are plenty of reasons why St. Peter may not let me in those gates.  But I believe. And I strive to make it to church, and I want my son raised in a home where he knows who Jesus is and respects the teachings...AND KNOWS BETTER THAN TO MOCK THEM!!!!  So, I'm hereby writing Mr. Italian off.

Whew.  Just relating that to the keyboard irritated me and wore me out.  Whatever.  Somewhere out there, there is a man that will fall within all the crazy pegs that I have staked to sift all the loser's out.  And he'll show up when he's ready I guess.

Ciao.


3 comments:

  1. Eating healty does cost more but its worth it. That being said I am so happy that you are on this journey with me. Being informed about the foods we eat and how they effect our bodies is #1. Most organic grains, beens, oats can be bought in bulk at my HEB. Not only are they cheaper that way that are better for mother nature win=win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. after starting to read the clean eating book it started to make a lot of sense to me...it will cost a little more but i'm ready to put good things in my body!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I am now caught up on Mr. Italian... wow seeing that I have been a big fan of him it breaks my heart to think he doesn't believe in God. Gosh for him to of come from his situation walking and not seen the miracle makes me question his sanity - needless to say I'm on board with you as always!

    ReplyDelete