Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

What's on the menu?

I'll tell you, because I made dinner both Saturday and Sunday nights this weekend. In truth, I love to cook. I can follow a recipe and love trying new stuff, but I haven't been making time for it and usually Gran makes dinner so...  For those of you who don't know, I make a BOMB ass spaghetti sauce from scratch that is absolutely legendary. Ok, maybe not legendary but let's not split hairs. It's frickin' good. And Saturday I had a hankering for it and BONUS!!!!, had all the ingredients for it. This time I put a secret ingredient in it and it turned out even better!! If I remember correctly this is how it went...
1 large can of Diced tomatoes
1 small can of Diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
2 lbs ground beef (I prefer mine to be very lean)
Half to three quarters large onion (chopped)
5-7 mushrooms (chopped)
3-4 cloves of garlic (chopped finely)
3 stalks of celery (rinsed, chopped and left in crescent shape)
1-1 1/2 inch of anchovy paste (yeah, I said it)
Olive oil
Italian seasoning (to taste)
Black pepper
Salt
Garlic powder (to taste)

Secret ingredient: Warning! Not to be used to feed the faint of heart! This stuff is GOOOOOD!!!

1 packet of Lipton's Onion soup (yeah, no kidding)

Put Onion, Celery, Garlic cloves and olive oil in pot and saute until onions are clear. Add ground beef and brown. Half way through the browning, add your anchovy paste. Once meat is browned, add your tomatoes and paste. Add about 3/4 cup of water and stir. Add your dry ingredients and mushrooms.  Once all your ingredients are in the pot, stir and let it simmer for about an hour to make sure all your flavors mix and mingle. Make your pasta and enjoy. I like to serve mine with a green veggie. Love me some spinach.

And last night I made a casserole type dish with chicken, rice, cream of mushroom soup, black pepper, paprika and a little bit of shredded sharp cheddar. It was delish!

As for everything else...Monkey is doing well. I go to the ENT tomorrow to beg him to take out my tonsils...the rat bastards that they have been for the past 3 months...grr.  And a guy who lives in Denison seems pretty interested from eH. Meh. We'll see. :)

1 comment: