Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Almost forgot...

I recently finished two books. There are some authors that know how to write a story and others that just waste your time. Amanda Hocking did not waste my time. In fact, she has me waiting rather impatiently for the third book in her Trylle Trilogy.  I'm told that it will be released on the 16th and you can bet just as soon as I can get my hot little hands on it (read: download it onto my Nook) that I will!! Even if I have to pay full price for it!!!!


Switched is the first, Torn the second.  The story will suck you in and I recommend them. The third is titled, Ascend. If you liked Twilight, you REALLY need to read these.

That is all.

G

UPDATE: She pointed it out to me so I feel as though I need to withdraw/modify/explain a comment that I made. My girlfriend that is addicted to reading (that one-lol) said that the author of these books, Amanda Hocking, has recently twisted off about her Trylle Troligy being compared to the likes of the Twilight Saga. This much is true as she has a blog that she has used to convey this message of dislike. Her rant, for all intents and purposes, has valid weight to it in the respect that readers are "attacking" her form of writing and ideas with ill purpose. These books are not about vampires. And the only comparisons that I can really find worth mentioning are that the characters are fairly young, Amanda's style of writing is geared towards a younger audience (read: young adult), and that the characters are all caught up in current and past love conflicts. She unfolds this story in a way that keeps you attention and in my opinion, has done a good job at it.  In short, these books are well worth reading, maybe even twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment