Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Another rambler from Gracie

It's been quite some time since I've put thoughts down and it's time I do so again.

First, I would like to express my complete and utter satisfaction in finding that Blogger has an app in the Android Market. And you guessed it! It has been downloaded and installed and will hopefully be a tool in my blogger's belt in terms of not needing a laptop or desktop in order to spit some blog. Let's cross our fingers, shall we?

Speaking of apps, I also downloaded a weight loss tracker type app called Noom. For me, as in all things, it helps to SEE the numbers, SEE the progress, SEE the fact that what I eat is being accounted for and that my ass needs to lay off the bad stuff.  You see, recently I took a trip to NOLA and made my decision then and there to start making the change to a better and healthier lifestyle. (I allowed myself the pleasures of what my taste buds craved while in the Crescent City, though made attempts to keep my portions under control. I won some of those battles and I lost some of those battles.) The important thing is that I came home and have made more conscious decisions as to what I put in my body. It's going to be a long road, but my goal is to lose 46 lbs in 52 weeks (one year).  I'll keep you updated on the "46 in 52". Another part of this journey is not being so damned lazy all the time. For Pete's sake I was a Marine for 5 years and have been known to kick ass and take names with a prejudice!  I miss her and didn't know how much I loved her at the time and I WANT HER BACK!!! 

I love to cook. Always have. I like taking individual ingredients and making one finished product. I build my spaghetti sauce. It's part of the fun!  So last night, with the help of Fabulicious and Skinny Italian, both written by Teresa Giudice (Real Housewives of New Jersey...love her. I should probably go ahead and proclaim my love for that show here and now. LOL), I made a homemade pizza. FROM SCRATCH!!  Dough and all (except the sauce...I cheated to save time).    So, with that being said, I'm going to make more of an effort to cook and eat healthier meals and snacks. I think packing a lunch from home is also key to eating more healthy and is a much easier option since it's right there at home. I am a fast food junkie. And it's got to stop.

BFF and I got a chance to spend some time together during NOLA: Round 2.  I got to meet her new squeeze and must say that he deserves mention. Very much a strong alpha male and will be a great role model for BFF's son. Educated, successful, independent (read: stands on his own two feet), quick wit... LOL. I know that sounds like I am pining for him myself but this is not the case. I had the opportunity to be left alone with him while BFF ran to the grocery store and was able to talk to him candidly about BFF and was pleased with what he had to say. He is THE polar opposite of the scumbag she was married to and has placed a smile on BFF's face the likes in which no one has seen in YEARS. I hope he sticks around and wish them nothing but happiness and the best in their endeavors. Now, with that being said, he will have to answer to me and my Louisville Slugger in the event that he goes above and beyond to break her heart or harm her in anyway. ...Jus' sayin'.

I tried to upload some pictures but I'm going to have to have a talk with my computer about it's un-willingness to cooperate with me this morning. I wonder if I spill some coffee on it if it will work... Hmm.  I like caffeine in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you blogging again dear - I've missed your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss writing them. So busy lately. LOL And I always have tons of "subject" lists all over the place. I'm looking at three of them right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete