Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

You're kidding me...right?

In case any of you are wondering whatever happened to Mr. History...I did hear back from him. It was in the form of an email that went a little something like this...

"Well in lieu of calling you in the middle of the evening when I'm sure you are busy; I have decided to write to you about things, what happened, and offer my sincere apology for my actions, or inaction.  With all of that said I will get straight to the point of things and try my best to make all of this make sense, it has taken me some time to work through all of this on my own an make a decision as to how I would handle this and respond to you.

I understand that I somewhat, well did, just fall off of the face of the earth. First, let me say, that my behavior is not indicative of how I am as a person, not then and not now. I simply came across things that made me think about things with you.  I must admit that through all of the time that we have spent apart and the short amount of time that we got to spend together- I became very overwhelmed by everything.  There was a large part of me that was happy that things had just come together, and i rode that wave for a while and then reality began to sink in for me.

My reality is that I am 32 years old, I am working on my degree, I have no kids and I'm not sure that I am ready for the responsibility of engaging in a relationship with a woman with children.  It is in no way a reflection on you as a person or as the person I knew then and know today.  I still think that you are an awesome person, this isn't about you-it's about me.  I was married to a woman for 4 years, an we were together for 6 years.  In that 6 years I became very attached to her son, then one day She just took it all away from me.  I will admit that our relationship could have been better and there are things that I should have done differently, but as we all know we can't look back on the past because it does not change.  After that I dated some and was very open to the.  idea of dating a woman with children, but I'm just not so sure about it. 

I have been struggling mightily with the choices and decisions that I have had in front of me.  I know that relationship wise, the both of us have chemistry.  There is no question in my mind about that.  I am also not implying that I think you are looking for a dad for your son, because I know you are head strong and I know that you wouldn't do that.  The problem that I run into is my own thought that I would try to assume a role that I might not be ready for, it is so difficult for me to put into words what I'm trying to express here. 

I wish, very much so, that I would have handled everything in a totally different way but I just really didn't know what to say in any way-it troubled me but I should have taken a different road.  Between that and the stresses of school, work and just living I really have had about a million things going through my mind all at once.  Anyway I hope that your doing okay and I hope that you can maybe get the drift of the direction I was trying to go with this message.

TTYL"

I really don't even know where to begin with this one...  Chemistry or not, I have no desire to continue being ignored or treated as though I have the plague. Yes, he should have chosen his path a little more carefully. Do I accept his apology? Sure. Is it likely he will ever talk to me again. Nope. Basically what he told me in this email, whether you see it or not, is that he is so busy in his life. That's cool. Whatever. But to tell me in no uncertain terms that I will pay for his ex-wife's actions and that he is too chicken shit to give someone else a chance...by all means sir. Keep walking. I have no use for a man like that in my life. That's what I got out of this email. What say you?

2 comments:

  1. Umm... yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with the "chicken shit" description... I'm thinking "Mr. History" should be renamed... "Mr. Chicken Shit"

    Because, as much as I have to respect his honesty about his busy little world right now and the fact that he was not ready to be in a relationship that involved a child that was not his... throwing the ex in there was a chicken shit move... he should have just left it as an apology for "falling off the face of the earth" and his hinesty about his thoughts and feelings...

    so... Mr. History, let me introduce you to the curb... cause this is where "men" that are not good enough get to go...Hasta la bye bye!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow at least he's history again :+)

    ReplyDelete