Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Her.

The story, in her words, can be found here.

But let me tell you a little something about Mrs. Adventure...

If I were to ever win a trip to Europe, she'd be my pick to go over the pond with me.

If I get too down on myself and need a virtual slap in the face "get a hold of your self woman" moment, she is who I call.

When I get my heart broken and need to be reminded of just WHO I am and the degree of my inner strength, she gets those calls, too.

When I want to strangle my co-workers...she gets the fuming and irrational emails.

For as long as I was married to her ex-husband, I was told lies about her and led to believe she was Satan's mistress with a hot red poker for a pitch fork. And when I reached out to her during my divorce, she found it in her heart to love me anyway. Well, the sisterly love part didn't come until we realized JUST how much a like we are and in how many ways...but she didn't shut me out when I was hurting.  (**We even tried to talk to wife #3 and help her understand who she was really married to when the dumb bimbo reached out to US!!  Too bad she's as stupid as she is. He's already cheated on her once, while she was pregnant might I add. But she insulted Mrs. Adventure and got stupid with me too so she can't be a part of our "First Wives Club". LMAO!!! Bimbo is still married to him...idiot.) 

And since, she and I have become closer as friends. She knows how much I really weigh and what my real pants size is. She knows exactly what will push  my buttons and just how much crap I'm going to take before spewing forth hate and discontent. She also knows that I'm tenderhearted and am emotionally hurt very easily.  And just as a best friend should, she knows how to make me laugh so hard that liquid threatens to come out of my nose.

You know that friend that would flatten any jerk who hurt your heart, allow your child to help her make granola bars to keep him busy as you take a quick shower, would stay up all night to let you in when you finally got done driving down for a visit (even though she's ALSO been up all day) and meet you at the door with a glass of freshly poured wine.

That's her.

That's my best friend.

2 comments:

  1. Aww thank you dear, you made my heart puff up like a big old love sponge - and you KNOW I needed this especially after the phone call you just got :o).

    Today you're my knight in shinning armor... I love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every girl needs that special someone she can call or rely on....sounds like you two have got it! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete