Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Shepard's Pie

OK...I think this is gonna be a short one though knowing me and how long winded I can be...

First off, Lady Gaga has lost a lot of respect from me (not that she had very much to begin with) with her disgusting display of lack of "keeping cool" skills the other day when she went on a screaming rant about the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy.  Um, did YOU ever serve this country? No. You didn't. So how in the HELL would you know what it's like to serve with someone who is of the same sex and sexually harassing you? Or trying to lay down cover fire for you team mates and being distracted by the fact that the guy next to you just hit on you 30 minutes ago?  I've known gay men and lesbian women and have been acquaintances with both.  I am straight. I do not agree with homosexuality nor do I like it, but if that is your preference, fine.  Just don't throw it in my face and we can be cool.  The military is predominantly a male military.  In 2006, the total DOD (Department of Defense) female members was 14.6%.  The Air Force had the highest percent of female members at 20.3% and the Marine Corps (in which I served for 5 years) was the lowest with 6%.  It's my opinion that men (especially those who must live, work, sleep, and attempt to stay alive) while maintaining close contact with members of the same sex.  There are some infantry jobs that require 2 men to operate particular weapons where one lays behind the weapon (it's a large caliber gun) and the other has to overlap the first guy by placing one of his legs over one of the gunner's.  I think it's pretty safe to say that I don't think the gunner wants or needs to feel the other guys boner against his leg while trying to concentrate on the task of keeping them alive by focusing on what's in front of him. I think he would rather know that his straight buddy has his leg over his own out of necessity and neither of them thinks anything sexual of it.  But that knowledge of the shooting positions required for particular weaponry would only come from personal experience in the military.  Regardless, everyone has their own opinions on this particular issue and those are mine.  Lady Gaga, in my opinion, made a fool or herself getting extremely animated and screaming into a microphone like a child instead of conveying her opinions in a calm and collected (read: respectable) manner.  Disgusting.  She should stick to singing.

And WHAT is up with THIS crap:



This particular one irritates the shit outta me...

Enough of her... So, Kim Kardashian is gorgeous. We all know that.
So lately I've been wanting to get a whiff of Kim Kardashian's new fragrance.  Unfortunately I am no where near a Sephora to get to it.  I don't do much getting out for personal shopping trips so to find it, and smell it, are goals I have yet to achieve. But I must smell it...it WILL happen.  Here is what I am after:


We all know she's beautiful...


Hopefully it smells good...I like her logo too...
Fragrance Notes: Jasmine, Tuberose, Gardenia, Jacaranda Wood, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean

 ANYWHOOOOOO,  since I have only been gifted jewelry twice from a significant other, and my tastes in jewelry are relatively simple, I have decided to gift myself.  I like James Avery jewelry and have wanted a necklace for quite some time for everyday wear.  I used to wear necklaces all the time and stopped when we couldn't wear them in uniform (unless they were tucked into our undershirts) while I was in the Marines.  While getting back in touch with my feminine side, I have decided to expand my collection of costume jewelry to include that of quality, too.  There are several pendants that I like as well as chain types.  What do y'all think?



Fluer de Lis
 


Key of Faith
 



Open Adorned Heart

Stylized Scroll
 
Mother's Love

 



 




(Wow. Y'all have no idea what a pain in the butt those pictures just were...)

I went up to Ft. Worth this past weekend to visit some friends that are married.  It was nice to see them and have some fun. Monkey did surprisingly well and both friends said he a well behaved child for being only a year and a half.  I told them it's because he knows his mama's a ninja and she don't take no shit.  LOL  I thanked them.  Unfortunately, on the way back, about an hour north of home still, Monkey puked all over himself.  The poor baby.  He has allergies and was pretty congested because as good a mom as I try to be, my ass walked out of the house without the children's Claritin (yes, his doctor knows and also suggested that we use it to combat his allergies...he only gets a partial of the recommended dose for older children) the day before.  So, my best guess is that his tummy wasn't feeling good after being so congested that it gagged him and that was the end result.  I felt bad because we were still an hour from home.  I cleaned him up the best I could but if you're a parent, you know how it is.  Tonight I've got to clean the straps of his car seat and make them not stink.  Leave it to me to buy the only car seat I know of that you can't take the straps off of to clean... Retard. LOL

Other than that...stay tuned for the next episode as Gracie finds out what eHarmony is all about...

Always,

G


p.s. maybe not so short...

No comments:

Post a Comment