Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday, you feel like Monday...

It's Tuesday morning.  But it feels like a Monday morning.  As usual lately, I got up shortly before I needed to walk out the door... OK. Let me just say this...  When Mr. NRN was still in town (refer to "Here in body...") it was very rare that I did not get up early and take my shower, blow dry my hair, straighten it, and put on my make up (even though I work in jeans and t-shirts--seriously, the ones with pockets on them).  Very rare.  Until he left.  I don't have anyone I'm trying to impress, not that I was trying to impress him but I just felt better when I got up and took care of myself and made me pretty again.  And I can't remember the last time I blew my hair dry, or straightened it. This is ridiculous. 

Anyway, so I was running late, as usual when my son woke up.  Sometimes he wakes up before I leave, sometimes he doesn't.  Today he did.  So I picked him up (I always have a few minutes to spare for my Monkey!!) and was talking real sweet to him 'cause he wasn't all the way awake and laid him down on his changing table to change his diaper.  I'm in the midst of changing him, and he's still not all the way awake so he's kind of fighting me, when I realize, yep...he really did just do that.  Monkey, (and he hasn't done this in a while) pee'd on himself and the changing table.  I was like, "Did you have to do that right now when mommy is running late, kiddo?"  And this was no quick fix.  It was in his hair and on his pj's...he was going to need a bath.  So, I took him into the bathroom, ran him some water and plopped him into the tub.  Monkey was having no part in an early morning bath and began to cry.  I felt bad but wasn't about to allow him to walk around with whiz in his hair all day!!!  After the bath, diaper and clean set of clothes, I took him into the kitchen where my mom was and told her that now that I was hot and sweaty again after already having taken my own shower earlier, that I was going to work.

Once in my car, A/C blasting in my face, I decided that if I was gonna be a few minutes late, I was gonna have Starbucks while doing it!  So, I drove through SB and got myself a Venti Mocha, Perfect Oatmeal aaaaannnnnnnnddddddd

The latest addition to my Starbucks mug collection!!  I think I actually have this same one in blue, but I'm not positive.  All my other ones are in a box in the garage, with the rest of my life...  I started collecting SB mugs a while ago.  Not like fanatically, but when I find one I like, I definitely pick it up.  Some day, I'm gonna have all my girlfriends over and we will all sit on the porch with SB mugs and shoot the breeze together as women should. 

It's been one of those mornings and I'm anxiously waiting on my MAC shipment to arrive at the house.  I ordered two new shadows and some mascara.  I usually use Clinique High Impact mascara



but I recently ordered MAC Opulash just to see if I like that one better.




I also ordered a mineral eyeshadow duo... in Pink Split and Pink Freeze shadow...




I'm really thinking that I already have Pink Freeze.  I did not check my collection prior to ordering and should have.  Grr.  But I'm really excited about the Pink Split and may even get the purple one if I like this one.



They have quite a few I want.  $20 bucks a pop though...worth it?  Donno yet.  We'll see.

Mr. Italian has been weighing heavier on my mind.  He's very busy with work and getting ready for the next race (he does demolition derbies and builds his own cars...not too bad considering he wins more than he loses) so we haven't talked too much over the last few weeks.  He does make an effort though.  I'm just usually in bed or headed in that direction when he does.  (2 hour time difference)

Mr. G is slipping.  Not sure he'll make the cut.  And that is entirely up to him.

I've decided that I like seeing my girlfriends and that I need to see another one this weekend.  Not sure if it will be Mrs. Adventure or AB.  Either way, it's a 2 hour drive south one way, or a 3.5-4 hour drive in another. Decisions, decisions.

I hope your Tuesday started out better than mine! 

Ciao!


1 comment:

  1. Wow well you know me and I'm going to butt in with advice... have you ever heard dress for the job you want and not for the one you have? Well I am going to use that saying except with your hair & makeup. I'm not saying that you need to spend a hour in the bathroom every morning... BUT I am going to say that when you feel pretty you act confident and confident is SEXY so make sure you try to "feel" that way more often than not... even if its just a quick blow dry and lip gloss whatever works.

    You don't want to miss out of chatting up a sexy single man because you "didn't feel pretty" understand?

    Good... glad we are on the same page!

    ReplyDelete