Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Too many cherries...

I must just be in a "blah" mood today because I don't feel like doing much of anything right now.  I will tell you that I'm awsome though.  Yep, because I am.  AB told me so this morning in a text.  LOL

This past weekend was really cool.  Friday afternoon, Monkey and I drove to visit Mrs. Adventure and had a blast! 
This is what I was driving into...

Just the beginning...

The main event...

About 10 minutes after the main event...and just to prove to you with pictoral evidence JUST how screwy TX weather really is!!

We got there probably closer to 6 pm and shortly after unloading the car, we went to eat Greek food at a really good place a few miles away.  It was yummy and I would definitely eat there again, but a little while after we got back home, Mrs. Adventure got a touch of food poisoning.  She just wasn't feeling good at all.  Poor thing!  She felt bad for tucking in early but it sort of worked out because I needed to turn the lights out to get my over-tired Monkey to quit fighting it and just sleep.  Saturday brought on shopping and swimming and and eventual hug goodbye.  *insert sad face*  We had lots of fun and some great conversations. 

Yesterday, I didn't get my butt out of bed and get ready for church right away so before I knew it, I looked up at the clock and it was time to walk out the door.  Well, crap.  We WILL be going next week!!!  I hate missing church.  It makes my week feel all cadywhompus.  Seriously.

Oh yeah, while I was visiting Mrs. Adventure...  I'm packing up the car and getting ready to hit the road but I wanted to get the A/C going before I put Monkey in his seat.  Put the key in the ignition and... "click click click click click click..."  Having heard this sound before and knowing what it was I thought to myself, "Seriously?  Right NOW?"  So after Mr. Arkansas finished ordering pizza, I requested his assistance in jumping the battery in my car.  *sigh*  Stupid battery!  So, this morning while I was running late, the thought that my battery might be dead after having parked it after our trip and not driving it again the rest of the weekend, never crossed my mind.  It started though it needed some persuasion.  And after I showed my pretty little face at work and announced that I was going to HEB to get something to eat, I ducked into the O'Reilly's Auto Parts parking lot where I changed the battery out after the purchase of a brand new one (to avoid those pesky core charges).  I declined the help of two different gentlemen during this endeavor.  Just because I am wearing make-up and smell really good (Versace Bright Crystal), it doesn't mean that I am afraid to get my hands dirty.  And really. How hard is it to change a battery?  This bonehead can do it.

New battery in place and X starting like a dream, off to HEB I went.  While there, I picked up some blueberries, raspberries, cherries, pretzel sticks (of course), and a few other random items.  I have now eaten about half the bag of cherries and think that I might have definately over did the cherries.  I hereby ground myself from cherries... until I make it home and Monkey wants some.  He he.

Miss T asked if I wanted to go walking today.  The answer is always no in my mind because I want to be lazy and it's as hot as hell fire in Texas right now, but of course I said yes because I REALLY need the excersize.  We always have a good walk/talk while we're sweating it out and Monkey is pretty well behaved in the Kelty also.  It all works out.  I might stoller him today though.  We'll see how my feet feel.   

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Yum all that fruit sounds yummy! Thanks again for coming down to visit... Can't wait for round two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sound like mom when she gets a bag of cherries! and yeah...you are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete