Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Just a buncha random

First of all, I couldn't get into a "New Post" form to post this for like, all day.  Can I just TELL you how frustrating that was...

This is where I am today:


(Except mine is no where NEAR that nice.)

This is where I wanna be:



With one of these:

The fact that this is not actually happening as we speak is VERY frustrating to me...  So instead, we'll just have to go about pretending that it is.  Yeah, good luck with that.

Anyhow... these were some of the thoughts that scampered across my mind today (in no particular order).

I'm addicted to Rold Gold Pretzel Stix.  Seriously. I must have them to make it through my day.  This addiction just started today...

And I heart Fierce Grape Gatorade.  Enough said on that.

Today, I spent approximately $250 dollars on one of those backpack type carriers for the little guys.  It's a Kelty so I'm hoping it will last for a while.  I didn't buy this for the trip to NOLA and as soon as I got in the airport, I deeply regretted not doing so.  So I broke down and decided that I should probably just get one and not worry about the cost anymore.  I'll get plenty of use out of it, with the hikes and walking I'd like to do this summer, I'm sure.

So, I was wondering, the other day, what I spent on travel to NOLA and decided to look at my credit card statement online...yeah. Regret looking.  Plane tickets and rental car alone were $825.  When I got there, I had reserved a compact car online.  When they told me it was gonna be a Chevrolet Cobalt and asked me if I wanted a Dodge Charger instead, ...I decided to change my mind.  Me?  In a rat trap matchbox sardine can Cobalt?  "Yes, I'll take the Charger please."  In addition to the car, I also rented a car seat.  Won't do THAT again.  Monkey, has a plush and comfy relatively CLEAN and unstained car seat here.  Poor baby had to ride in an older, not so cushy, stained car seat while we were there.  And the straps didn't adjust very easily...I'll be taking, checking and just dealing with the headache of his car seat next time!! 

So, even though I am already starting to pay my credit card back for allowing so graciously a much deserved/needed trip to NOLA, it still hates me.  It scowled at me this morning when I opened my wallet at the gas station.  It gave me that, "Don't you EVEN think about using me like that right now!!" look.  I took out the red card instead.  (Credit card is blue.)  I need to get on better terms with her soon.  Otherwise, she'll leave me high and dry when I need her...

My favorite tea is:

TA DA!!  Coconut Chai made by Zhena's Gypsy Tea.  It makes me happy and my taste buds sing.  Not really but it's super good when sweetened with your favorite local honey!  :) 

Oh and one last thing,... I think I'm going to buy a programmable coffee maker.  At home, we have a percolator, and a french press...but both of those require ENTIRELY way too much work in the morning when I am fumbling around the kitchen.  It needs to be set the night before so that it is ready for me to partake in immediately upon my arrival to the kitchen.  Agreed?  So I was looking online today and discovered Gevalia Coffee.  As it turns out, I could get myself a decent looking programmable coffee maker, and a couple of boxes of free coffee for about $20 (free shipping).  Then after that, I could set my own schedule of delivery of MORE coffee directly to my house!!  Y'all ever had Gevalia coffee?  It's pretty decent.  Actually, it's pretty good.... I'll be taking a further look into this matter.  My ears are open to the opinions on this however.

I am ready to go home.  This has been THE most boring day.  Did I mention that I am also taking an online defensive driving class?  Oh, I don't believe I did... Yeah.  Sucks.

Heard from BD (refer to "who in the heck") today.  Apparently, he wants to come up not this weekend but next...yeah. We'll see about that.  He likes to cancel last minute.  If he does this to my son when he's older and hurts his little heart, I'm going to rip his out, beat it with a meat mallet, stomp a mud hole in it, let the dog whiz on it, put it in the blender, hit puree, and feed it back to him.  Sorry bas&%!*.

Mr. G has kind of fallen on the way side.  Not sure that he's going to be Mr. Right...  I deserve to be pursued and chased dammit.  Not the other way around.

Mr. NRN is still not.  He's just, not.

And Mr. Italian...I'm going to have to keep an eye on him...he's sneaky.  He's got me thinking that maybe, just maybe...

Who knows!!!!??????

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited about Mr. Italian still. We have a Keurig (sp?) and its fantastic. It brews you a hot cup of Jo in less than 2 min so no need to set a timer. Plus I love that I can have tea and Aaron can have coffee in a matter of 4 min and they are brewed to perfection!

    ReplyDelete