Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Washing my hands of it...


This is the LTX trim...not the one I'm looking at. But the same vehicle none the less.

So, I've decided to trade in my Xterra (and honestly having mixed feelings about it...she's been REALLY good to me) and have been looking at a Chevrolet Equinox.  My goal is to lower my monthly payment, get better gas mileage, and give Monkey some more room in the back seat. Right now, he can rest his feet on the inside corners of both of the front seats. LOL  Little moose!  I was looking into possibly getting a Nissan Titan (my dad has one and I really like it...in fact, I look for reasons to get to drive it!) but decided that I WILL have a full sized truck, but not this time. Gas prices are rumored to be outrageously stupid this summer and I have a 22 mile commute to work...one way.  The Equinox boasts a 22/32 MPG while Xterra gets 16/22 MPG.  The back seat leg room goes to Equinox also at 41.2/39.9 (front/rear), as opposed to Xterra's 42.4/34.4.  My Xterra has a V6 in it and there is a V6 option for the Equinox, but chances are I would be giving up my V6 for a 4-cylinder. Sucks, but if the price is right (to include what I'm getting out of my tank for what I'm putting into it) then we have a deal.  I'm still in the beginning stages of this excursion but we'll see how it all turns out. 

The weekend was pretty fun. Friday night Monkey and I went to Blondie's house after we went out to eat. We had Chinese and though I'm not a fan of Chinese, it was good. She suckered me into it because the restaurant that we went to has "sticky buns". A delicious yeast roll that is slightly drizzled with honey. Have I mentioned that they are to die for? Mmm hmm. They sure are. I could live off of them forever. Anywho. So after we left the restaurant, we got all the way to Blondie's before I realized that I had NO CLUE where my phone was. (It's a Samsung Fascinate...) We went all the way BACK to the restaurant just for them to tell me that they didn't have it. Well, hell. Blondie and I proceeded to search the parking lot and my car for this thing. Wanna know where it was? Monkey was sitting on it the ENTIRE time. LOL!!!!  I changed his diaper before we went in to eat and apparently didn't look in his seat when we came back out. (side note: while I was in the restaurant asking the staff if they had seen it, a guy at the counter offered to call it for me to see if it would ring. Uh, No?  I don't know you! I'm not just gonna GIVE you my number! You could be some creepy stalker and use my phone to find and MURDER me!  Thanks, but NO thanks...  "No thanks. One of my girlfriends has her phone in the car. We'll just use hers." Exit quickly...)  Finally, we made it back to her place. A little while later, Monkey started pitching a fit because he was tired and was ready to go to bed. So I took his little butt home and let him lay down.

Saturday, Sissy and I went to ATX (Austin) to go to Whole Foods. I absolutely LOVE that store. It's like, hippie Mecca and there are quite a few people who walk around smelling like patchouli and B.O. (both of which are enough to make you vomit in your mouth a little) but all in all, I like it because most everything in there is either health conscious, and/or organic. (No, I am not a tree-hugger, but my girlfriend Mrs. Adventure has enlightened me to some healthier alternatives and tips on better eating habits.) It was a good trip. I picked up some more granola, chia seeds, raw organic almonds, whey protein powder (for my morning smoothies since I don't eat eggs), some olives to chop up and put into my salads, some snacks for Monkey's lunches, and a couple other things.  Hopefully, when they finish building the new H-E-B in our town, it will have a bulk section. Mrs. Adventure has one in her local H-E-B and I am green with ENVY. They are saying it's going to be the biggest one in Texas but we'll see. I've been in some seriously big H-E-B's in my day... LOL.

Mr. History is just that...history. And it's really quite sad. One day we are chatting and talking like normal and then the next, nothing. Silent treatment in fact. I don't know about you, but I'm not about to be put on the 'silent treatment' list for no good reason. I sent him a text and asked him what the deal was and his excuse for the days with no communication is that he's been really tired lately and blah, blah, blah. By no means am I getting all twisted because he isn't talking to me, but I feel like he should have just said something like, "Hey...I'm a little run down and just don't have the energy to talk right now...hit you up in a few days after I get some strength back." instead of straight up ignoring me.  I get it. We all have days like that. But communication is a big deal to me. If I can't talk to you, or you can't talk to me (and this goes for ALL of my friends and family...everyone that I am directly in contact with) then there is a problem. Not only that, but for him to be beyond ecstatic and make such a big deal about me finally finding him after he's been looking for me for 9 years and then go to not talking to me at all... No. I'm not playing these games. You either have enough respect for me to tell me what's on your mind, or you don't. And in the case that you don't, I don't have room for you in my life. It's just that simple. You don't tell someone that you "missed" someone for so long and then not have the decency to tell them what's on your mind. It makes you a liar. I don't like being lied to. It doesn't make me feel good, or special.

Maybe I'm just better off single. *sigh* Mrs. Adventure and I email frequently. She knows all about the ruts and retards that have come in and out of my life.  She said to me in an email one day "Gracie, he is a man. Its not that shocking sorry dear. One out of ever 100 is someone you'd want to end up with and at our age at least half of them are married... because they wanted to be. You are up against sorting through all the shitty ones for the diamond in the rough. It sucks but its just the truth. Don't let it get you down you need to look at dating for what it is."  I love her because she knows me too well. LOL

There are very few good ones left. I'm still looking. But unless Mr. History makes a damn good case for his lack of good judgement when it came to my feelings, things will continue to stand as they are. And by damn good case, I do mean a damn good case.  I'm thinking single sounds pretty freaking good for the rest of my life. Single doesn't get you hurt. So, I'm washing my hands of it.



Gracie

2 comments:

  1. Dang you better becareful quoting me you could loose a few readers ha ha.

    I'm glad to hear your on the up and up about Mr. History and I'm liking the name even more now that his is just that :+).

    So selling the X eh? We sold mine this weekend... yup she's gone. I didn't cry believe it or not 6 years with her and not one tear... I'm man-ing up I'll tell ya. Better gas mileage means more visits I hope... I'm going to have to start pitching in once we are even further though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh forgot to mention I always soak my nuts. You should soak your almonds overnight before eating them.

    I'm not crazy see: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/benefits-of-soaking-almonds-in-water.html

    ReplyDelete