Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

To be or not to be ...girly!


SOOOOO many things have happened lately and I really don't know where to start.

Monkey bites:  It has become a big deal for me to pick up Monkey from daycare and receive a clean bill of daily activity. In less than a month he was bitten 5 times at daycare by one of the many cannibalistic pirhannas in his class. At 18 months, he moved from the nursery to the toddler room. And those brats obviously do not have good parental instruction at home if they are not receiving a punishment that is sufficiently deterring them from snacking on my child. It is frustrating and I have made it known that I am NOT happy about this. The girls in that room do not want to be the one who has me sign the accident report after telling me he was bitten (again) and I prefer it that way. That tells me that they know there is a problem and that I will not receive that news well.  Other than that, I will be glad when they can move back to the actual daycare center and into their new and improved room as it will be bigger and will have a window and a restroom for potty training purposes.  NICE.  (The DC center took 2 feet of water during a flash flood this season and it is currently under construction to fix the damage and make much needed, and forever wanted, improvements.)  We're all pretty excited about it and anxious to get back to normal.  We've had a few days of no bites. Let's see how long we can keep the cannibals at bay...

My office:  I recently moved my office around so as to maximize the space that I have. I really need paint. My walls are gross and were that way when I moved in here. I am ordering it today along with a roller kit and a paint brush to that I can do it right. There's nothing worse than a sloppy paint job...

Getting fed up:  Lately, I have been on this "If you don't want me in your life, I will not fight to be there."  And this was really brought on by making attempts to stay in touch with people and them not reciprocating by even so much as a "Hey, I got your message but I am like, super busy with life right now and when it calms down, I will get back to you"  or a "Hey, I'm glad you got a hold of me...this is what life is dealing me right now (because I care about what goes on in my friends' lives) and I'm sorry for not staying in better touch.."  Either one of those answers would be acceptable to me, the one who is making an attempt to stay in touch, and would have quieted the feeling of being ignored.  However, this has not been the case with several people in my life and I'm tired of it.  So, as it so happens, I turned 30 recently and am turning the page and beginning a new chapter in life.  I refuse to fight to be in peoples lives anymore. If you don't want me there...Cool. Deuces.  But I'll be deleting these people from my Facebook and whatnot. Part of getting rid of all the negativity.



And last but not least Being GIRLY!!:  I have always loved makeup. ALWAYS.  And for the most part, have always been a failure at it. UNTIL I found Make Up Geek. Seriously.  The receptionist at the salon that I go to for my waxing always has impeccable makeup. It's perfect.  So I asked her one day where she learned to put her makeup on and she told me YouTube. I was like, "what?".  And she said that everything she knows about makeup she learned from Make Up Geek.  I had to check it out.  Marlena, tells you how and SHOWS you how to do it all. Smokey eye is one of my faves and I never knew how to do it but I do NOW!!!!  LOL  And I never knew what to do with screaming bold colors but now that I know, it inspired me to buy myself this little baby:

This picture really doesn't do the colors justice but it's the Urban Decay Ammo (the Marine in me loves this!) pallette and absolutely gorgeous to wear. I really want this baby or it's sister...



Since I loved the movie and these colors are fantastic!!!


This is the one out right now. It's the NYC Palette.  Loving these colors too!!

But we shall have to wait for this one.  I'm just so obsessed with color now that I know how to use it that it all looks so fun!

Hope y'all have a great rest of the day. I'm packing it up to leave work! 


G






1 comment:

  1. Ooh I'm even going to look at the makeup site who knows maybe she can teach me a new trick or two. Whoa that sounded dirty, didn't it? Oh hell.... Lol.

    ReplyDelete