Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

The bag of miracles and the flavor of love.

I carry my make up bag in my back pack that I take to work with me everyday.  Some days it gets used, and others I could care less that it's in there.  But, as I've stated before, I am always curious as to what's in that bag so I'll show you mine, if you show me yours!

I carry a mirror (the purple thing under the Ammo palette), Urban Decay Ammo, that's a Mary Kay quad compact (with Optic, Tulle, Snap, and Trendsetter), Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil, Bare Escentuals Mineral Foundation in medium, Bare Escentuals face duo.  There's some Loreal Studio Secrets "face fixer" as I like to call it, in green, because green concealer tones down redness. A sample size of Benefit Garden of Good & Eva perfume (I like it), Clinique High Impact mascara and Loreal Voluminous mascara. Between the two I have decided that I will always be a fan of Clinique's WAY more than Loreal's. Brushes...  A sharpener with a ponytail holder around it 'cause if that thing comes open in your bag it is a high holy mess... Nail clippers. Clinique lipstick in Raspberry Glace. NYX glosses in Brilliant (pink one) and Chestnut. Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden (love this stuff!!!), ULTA brand eye shadows in Yogurt and Twinkle, MAC eye shadows in Swiss Chocolate and Nehru, tweezers for that unruly brow... Garnier Anti-Puff Eye Roller for those REALLY bad mornings. LOL  Eyeliners: Clinique's Cream Shaper in Chocolate Lustre ** this is credited to Mrs. Adventure as she got me hooked on this one!!** and Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero.  LOVE that liner!!!  Last but not least, MAC lip pencil in Spice.

This is constantly changing but that's the concoction today. :)

Now, the flavor of love has many possibilities. Mine is currently in a state of vanilla. Kinda boring and a little dull.  I have told y'all that I joined eHarmony.  It's going ok. Most recently I have been corresponding with a guy who lives in Floresville.  He's only got one picture up on his profile but it's a good one and he's attractive. This week we have sent a few messages back and forth and I like what I read.  I sent him two lengthy replies recently and haven't heard back from him yet...probably thinks I'm Miss Run-My-Face-All-The-Time...LOL.  I can be I suppose.  I'm just as content just breathing though.  I'm always super anxious to hear from him.  He's had family staying with him this week through today so maybe our conversations will pick up some.  Pssh! Who knows. All I know is that I am very interested in him and finding out more about him and seeing where this goes.  I'm not the best at being patient.  This suspense is positively killing me....  :)  Wish me luck and say a prayer.

In other news, Monkey got his first haircut...  It's taken me a whole minute not to absolutely hate it and resent my mother but the time for fury has passed and I am MUCH calmer. Let me explain.

As we were coming home from the wedding in Houston, my throat started to feel very sore and achy.  The next morning, I took myself to the doctor where they confirmed that I had Strep Throat, again...for the SECOND time this month.  I got some more antibiotics and some cough syrup with codeine in it.  I went home, dosed myself with my prescriptions and fell asleep on the love seat for a nap. 4 hours later I got up and took my butt to bed. Mom gave Monkey a bath and cleaned him up.  (A 4 hour nap is NOT normal for me. When I have something like Strep, mom and dad usually step up to the plate and help take care of Monkey. As much as it pains me to do it, I try and stay away from Monkey and have as little contact with him as possible. We got lucky both times I have had Strep that he did not contract it.  The Lord works in mysterious ways...)  Well, after his bath, she said he was sitting there being so good so she took that opportunity to cut his hair.


Meanwhile, as I said, I was feeling like this:
and laid up in bed, trying to break my fever (and we all know how fun THAT can be), and thinking the world was coming to and end it was starting with my throat. The next morning I got up and went to the kitchen to make Monkey a sippy cup...when I came back, I realized his hair was cut. I was FEE-YORIOUS!!!  I could not believe my mother had done such a thing, such a BIG thing as a first haircut, without me present.  In her defense, I did tell her that I wanted her to cut his hair...like, a month and a half ago!!!!!  Since then I have decided that maybe I only wanted it trimmed since winter is getting here and I wanted him to have a little more hair on his head for warmth.  UGH!!!!  She didn't know that part.  But still.  I wanted to be there. And the SHOCK of seeing him without all those curls made my stomach lurch a bit.  Now, he is beginning to look a little more like my Monkey in my mind's eye. Just taking the curls off dramatically changed his look.  But I love him either way and am almost, ALMOST, relieved it's just over with.  It was seriously stressing me out knowing he needed a haircut and me not being able to bring myself to get him one. LOL

How is everyone doing?  Hope all is well!

G

1 comment:

  1. Awww I'm sorry about Monkeys hair... I loved those curls at least he can still grow them :+)

    ReplyDelete