Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just friggin' great...

It is windy today. Really. Friggin'. Windy.  And I decided that just a little bit before lunch, since I'm at work and bored to tears, that I wanted to go to Target and pick up some things for me and Monkey to wear for our pictures on Friday.  As I was leaving, the wind ripped my car door out of my hand and slammed SLAMMED it into the car door next to me. My SUV is white and there was a 10 inch long vertical line of paint transfer on this door. So I booked it.  Just kidding. I left a note explaining what happened with my name and number (I didn't want to leave my insurance info on a note that was going to blow away just as soon as it worked itself out from under the wind shield wiper blade) and went about my business.  Then I realized whose car it is and told her as soon as I got back. She didn't kill me.

I have recently decided that I want to run a marathon. No. I'm serious. Pick yourself up off the ground and stop laughing at me!!  I'm not gonna just go run one.  I'll start small. A mile. Once I get that down, I'll bump it to two miles. So on and so forth.  Mark my words. Come hell or high water, I will figure it out.  Anyone know how to run without getting shin splints?

And our lovely tree this year...



Ooookay.  I don't have anything else interesting for you. Not really.

G

2 comments:

  1. Good for you girl maybe I should train for one at the same time :+)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! YAY!!! YAY!!!

    (Sorry I haven't emailed you back BTW - bad bloggy friend!)

    SOOO Glad you decided to start training :) You are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete