Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Grey or Silver?

Ah. There's nothing like the feeling you get when you have just been informed that your credit score just went up...again...by another 20 points. I decided to quit carrying that stupid credit card around. I know I've told y'all that.  (BTW, Randy Rogers Band is playing in the background...Memory...One of my favorites from them...just sayin')  But recently, I was on-line and discovered that they increased my maximum limit on that stupid thing. Two things happened at once: I just about pee'd myself with excitement as that is more money (kinda) to spend and I immediately scolded myself because THAT's the kind of thinking that got me in this debt bind in the FIRST place.  Really, Gracie?  And this is why I no longer carry it. LOL  Now, in doing that (raising the limit), the credit union inadvertently did me a wonderful favor.  The balance is now no where near the limit and does not reflect a high balance...thus making me look good in the eyes of the credit world. Aaand, since I don't carry it but do pay on it, that gap will continue to get bigger and bigger. This is a good thing. So, thanks Navy Fed. You did me a favor. Cheers!

I noticed something today.  I have mixed feelings about it...  There is not one spot on my head where I can part my hair...and there is not silver roots. I have been dying my hair since I was 21 and got my first silver strand at the tender age of 16. Thanks mom.  (She got her first one at 18.)  My hair has been red, black, tri colored (brown base with red and blond streaks...THAT was awwesome!!!), brown, violet, and a delightful shade of eggplant purple.  Strand Therapist got married last weekend and was not able to do work her magic... well, someone asked me what color my hair is "supposed" to be yesterday.  It has become an absolute priority that I receive strand TLC this weekend.  One of these days I will let it grow out and be natural, but I'm just not ready to put 10 years on my face, at the age of 30, just because of my hair color.  Vain, I know. Lord, please forgive me.

We set up our tree last night and I completely forgot to take a picture of it. I'm thinking I might take pictures with Monkey next to it and maybe that will be our Christmas Card photo.  Speaking of which, I REALLY need to get cracking on that!!  I'll post a picture tomorrow.

*Sigh.  I don't remember if I told y'all or not but I was diagnose with Mono a few weeks ago. It was on the heels of three Strep cases and I have officially been sick now for close to 2.5 months. I am exhausted. I am sleep deprived, tired, worn out, and so unmotivated to do ANYTHING that it makes me want to cry. Seriously, I don't think I've spent more than 5 minutes on makeup for weeks and quite frankly, I don't remember the last time I did that.  I'm sure it will pass but I'm going to call my doctor today. My tonsils are so swollen all the time that if I lay a certain way on my pillow, the damn things somewhat block my airway. can we say: So. NOT. Cool. ?  Aside from being tired of being tired, I'm also tired of being in pain all the time.  So, a phone call and finding out what my options are is in order. Wish me luck. 

My lack of motivation has not impaired my eye though. And that "eye" has been on this baby here:



It's the Tarte Jewelry Box 2010 palette.  16 shimmer colors, and 16 matte colors. Hello! No one does that!!  That's why this one is super awesome.

Ok...I'm gonna call the doc now. My throat hurts. :( 

Hope y'all have a wonderful day and remember:  there is always, always, always something to be thankful for.

G

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome about your credit score... can't wait to see the photo of Monkey :+)

    ReplyDelete